Probably the most useful thing I can do as secretary of state is to assist the president in adapting and renewing the transnational institutions that were created after World War II.
tHE lONGEST DAY - D-DAY
- 6 June 1944
- Operation Overlord
- Allies open a second front in France against the Germans
- Land on five beaches named :
- Utah and Omaha (American)
- Juno (Canadian)
- Sword and Gold (British and Polish)
- Rommel felt that whoever won the beaches that day would win the war
Allies invaded France against Germans from the beaches. It was one of the important turning points of World War II.