The rule for effective governance is simple. It is one Ronald Reagan knew by heart. And one that he successfully employed with Social Security and the Cold War. When there is a problem, you fix it. That is the job you have been sent to do and you cannot wait for someone else to do it for you.
Formation of N.A.T.O., 1949
- Reaction to the Berlin Blockade
- Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium
- Attack by Russia was seen as an attack on the entire organization
- First military action taken in 1994 in Bosnia
The Formation of the Warsaw Pact, 1955
- Treaty of Friendship, Co-operation and Mutual Assistance
- In reaction to a remilitarized-West Germany Joining NATO
- Dissolved in June of 1991 after the collapse of the former Soviet Union
Buffer Zones and Satellite States
- Friendly states that separate hostile nations
- North Korea between China and Russia
- Eastern Bloc countries between Russia and West Europe
- Satellite states for Russia include Poland, Hungary, Romania etc
NATO was formed after Berlin Blockade, making alliances. As a reaction, Warsaw Pact was formed by USSR as well and remained until USSR collapsed.