Isolationism is over.
The Washington Conference, 1921
- Disarmament conference
- 9 Power Treaty in China
- 4 Power Treaty to respect Pacific possessions
- The treaties lacked enforcement
- Exceptions for isolationism
- Treaty limiting the amount of Capital Ships (10,000 tons) building
- USA UK, Italy, France, Japan
- a ratio of 5:3:1.67 for Japan, Italy and France respectively
- Against isolationism
What is important in this slide is that USA joined the conferences and this was an example that shows how USA failed to practice isolationism.