Since the attack on the United States on September 11 2001, and the US retaliation in Afghanistan and Iraq, there must be few people who have not felt a twinge of nostalgia for the cold war.
The Korean War, 1950-53
- Korea divided at the end of WWII between USA and Russia along the 38th parallel
- War between north and south
- Often seen as a de-facto war between USA and its western allies and China and Russia and other Communist states
- War see-saws back and forth
- Turning point at Inchon Landings
- Chinese sent almost a million troops to support the north
- United Nations led by Gen. MacArthur
Korea divided at the end of WWII and there was a war between north(with Communist countries help) and south(with other countries and UN's help).