I had just turned 10-years-old when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and plunged America into World War II.
- American plan to develop nuclear weapons
- Run by Robert Oppenheimer (German Jew)
- Developed three bombs in 1945 “Trinity”(tested in a desert in New Mexico), “Little Boy” and “Fat Man”
- “Little Boy” a uranium bomb was detonated over Hiroshima
- “Fat Man” a plutonium bomb was dropped on Nagasaki
- Harry Truman (American president after Roosevelt - his decision to drop the bombs in Japan)
The Manhattan Project allowed USA to make nuclear bombs. Harry Truman made this decision to drop the bombs in Japan.