World War II, the atomic bomb, the Cold War, made it hard for Americans to continue their optimism.
Japan’s Grab For Natural Resources
- Invasion of Manchuria in 1937
- Sphere of influence across the Pacific (Greater East Asian Co-prosperity sphere)
- Coal, iron and rubber in Dutch east Indies
- Indo-China, Taiwan, Mainland China, Phillippines and Solomon Islands all captured
- Americans boycott oil to Japan in 1941
Japan's desire of natural resources affected all over Asia. They captured many places for oil, coal, iron and rubber. In 1941, Americans boycott oil to Japan.