World War II had a very important impact on the development of technology, as a whole.
From D-Day to the Fall of Berlin
- Germany was closing in from three different sides and the question was "who can get Berlin first?"
- Battle of Normandy - summer 1944
- Falaise Gap
- Liberation of Paris
- Operation Market Garden - Sept. 1944 - Ploy to end the war before the Russians got to Berlin
- designed to take bridges.
- Plan was to drop paratroopers to secure the bridges
- The Battle of the Bulge - German counteroffensive
- Germans last attempt to attack US (belief - they're soft and they've been in war for one year. Attacking during winter might bring the victory) but unsuccesful.
- This however makes a bulge on the line.
- Russian attack on Berlin (300,000 Soviet troops)
- Hitler commits suicide in Bunker
- Russians and Americans meet
Germany was falling and there was a tiny bit of competition among the Allies on who would get Berlin first. Operation Market Garden was to drop paratroopers to secure the bridge. The Battle of Bulge was Germany's last counterattack which they failed. Hitler committed suicide in the bunker.