World War II had a very important impact on the development of technology, as a whole.
- By 1941 the ‘Big Three’ nations met to discuss the running of the war
- Russia: Stalin, USA: Truman, Great Britain: Churchill
- They met:
- NewFoundland, Aug., 1941
- Casablanca, Jan., 1943
- Quebec, Aug., 1943
- Teheran, Nov.-Dec., 1943 (Determined Polish borders, opening of a Second Front, Soviets agree to join Pacific war)
- Yalta Feb., 1945 (Formalized the zones for dividing Germany, Stalin promised to join Pacific war, Stalin promised free elections in Soviet liberated areas)
- Potsdam, July-Aug. 1945 (Talks about how to disarm Germany, War criminals, reparations. Also Allies trying to avoid Eastern issues to get Russia in the Pacific war
The new Big Three gathered to talk about what to do with Germany when the war ends. In Yalta, they talked about dividing Germany. In Potsdam, they talked about disarming Germany.