I had just turned 10-years-old when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and plunged America into World War II.
1942-43 in the Pacific
- At the same time as Pearl Harbor (Dec. 1941), Japanese also attack Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore and Dutch East Indies (oil)
- Battle of Coral Seas (May 1942) First Battle where aircrafts carriers do not see each other
- Battle of Midway June 1942 - Japanese lose 4 carriers to US 1
- A process of Island Hopping begins in the Pacific (Guadalcanal)
- Battle of Leyte Gulf (Philippines) Oct. 1944 (Largest naval battle ever in history)
- Japanese lose have of their remaining fleet and 4 more carriers (kamikazes begin)
Japanese invaded all over Asia for natural resources. They went through many battles as well against the Allied forces to do this.